Hips & Curves is an award-winning intimate apparel company dedicated to promoting positive body image. Our mission is to give women the power, freedom and permission to be their authentic selves.
Hips & Curves has been featured in Vogue Italia, Redbook, New York Mag, InStyle Magazine, People Style Watch, Bust Magazine, Curve Magazine, Essence Magazine and Womans Day, and was voted Best Plus Sized Lingerie by InStyle Magazine.
We are looking for a superstar Product Development and Production Coordinator who understands that developing and producing lingerie and apparel goods is truly a labor of love. Candidate must be smart, resourceful and not intimated to take on any challenges along the way. The candidate must be a wiz at Excel, Microsoft office, Power Point and a quick learner on our internal computer systems. He/she must be a highly organized person and pays close attention to all details and information.
We are a small growing company in an entrepreneurial environment with a strong focus on the customer. Working here requires energy, teamwork, commitment and integrity. If you are committed to excellence, find satisfaction of producing beautiful lingerie from start to finish - we invite you to apply today.
Product Development Coordination
- Read emails thoroughly and record all information on product development report
- Work closely with Director on email responses to vendors
- Maintain clear, concise and consistent communication with vendors
- Follow up with vendors on sample status/tracking
- Record fitting notes during fit sessions
- Contribute suggestions for product development
- Suggest solutions for improvements towards better styling or cost engineering
- Read emails thoroughly and record all information on WIP report
- Daily updates to WIP report of samples, fittings, tops, web/photo shoot samples
- Reply and follow up with vendors on a daily basis and in a timely manner
- Track and follow up with vendors on samples, lab dips, trims, fabric and packaging approvals
- Manage pre/ post photo shoot document
- Organize and manage all samples (from proto to TOP)
- Lead weekly production meeting with buying
- Facilitate production and receiving issues between vendors and buying
- Alert issues to manger and suggest best solutions
- 2-3 years in apparel production coordination; lingerie production- plus
- Must have excellent skills at Excel, Office programs and Purchase Order system
- Must have clear communication skills- verbally and written
- Be able to demonstrate resourcefulness and the ability to problem solve
- Highly organized and completely detailed oriented
- High energy and with a Can-Do Attitude!