Hips & Curves Share Your Story Contest
Official Rules - U.S. and Canada (excluding Quebec)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA (excluding the Province of Quebec and any other jurisdiction prohibiting such promotions) AGE 18 OR OLDER.
(1) ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to citizens of the United States and Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec and any other jurisdiction prohibiting such promotions) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, legal advisors, and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Residents of jurisdictions prohibiting such promotions should consider this offer void.
(2) TIMING: The Contest (the "Contest") opens August 7, 2016 8:00 AM Pacific Time and ends August 14, 2016 11:59 PM Pacific Time. The Hips & Curves computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. The winner(s) will be selected within ten (10) business days after the Contest closes.
(3) SPONSOR: Hips & Curves; 171 Pier Avenue Suite 371 Santa Monica, CA 90405.
(4) AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant's full unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules and all the decisions of sponsor, whose decisions are final.
(5) HOW TO ENTER:
- Tell us in your own words how you found the courage to “Be Fully You”.
- Submit your story via email to Sponsor by replying to the email titled “Share your story” between August 7, 2016 8:00AM Pacific Time. and August 14, 2016 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- Send your submission to [email protected] with your name, age, and telephone number to enter without making a purchase.
We must receive your submission no later than August 14, 2016 11:59 PM Pacific Time. Late, incorrect, incomplete, illegible/unintelligible entries or those with unverifiable contact information are not eligible.
(6) REQUIREMENTS. Each submitted Entry must be authored by the Contestant. Contestants can write about any subject within the category. Each entry must be submitted via email by replying to the email titled “Let us share your story”. Each Entry must be wholly original and must not incorporate or include material owned by a third party, or that violates any proprietary or privacy rights of any third party, or contains any defamatory, obscene, threatening, or illegal content. Failure to meet the terms of this paragraph, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will render the Entry ineligible, and may subject the Contestant to liability in accordance with the indemnification obligations below. If Contestant is under the age of majority in the state in which Contestant resides, the Entry and the Official Entry Form must be accompanied by a written authorization from Contestant’s parent/guardian in order to complete eligibility and to participate in the Contest.
(7). WINNER SELECTION. On or about August 18, 2016 11:59 PM Pacific Time Three (3) Entries will be selected as potential Contest Winners by a panel of judges consisting of Hips & Curves employees based upon the following criteria: (i) originality, (ii) adherence to the Contest guidelines, (iii) and ability to impact the panel of judges. Potential Contest Winners will be notified by email on or about August 26, 2016 11:59 PM Pacific Time at which time a full and properly completed U.S. Federal W-9 form will be required for fulfillment of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. No purchase is necessary. A purchase will not improve chances of winning. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or fails in the timely return of the completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternative winner selected. The decision of the judges is final and binding in all regards.
(8) PRIZES: Three (3) $100 Hips & Curves e-Gift cards. No alternative prize or other substitution is permitted except by Sponsor in its sole discretion in the event of prize unavailability. Prizes are nontransferable. All federal, state, and/or local taxes are the responsibility of the winner. Winner is also responsible for Internet access fees and service charges.
(9) CLAIMING PRIZES: Winner will have 5 days from notification to accept the prize by replying to notification e-mail. All taxes on prizes, including income taxes, and any incidental expenses associated with collection of a prize are the responsibility of the winner. Winner may be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration, or affidavit of eligibility within 5 days of receipt by winner as a condition of receiving the prize. By accepting the prize, winner agrees that Sponsor may use the winner's name, voice, tweet or likeness for the purpose of trade, advertising, or promotion in any and all media without further compensation, permission or notification, unless prohibited by law, and upon request will provide consent to such use in writing.
(10) USE OF SUBMISSION. By accepting a prize, each Winner (or parent/guardian of Winner if Winner is under the age of majority in the state which Winner resides) grants to Sponsor, a non-exclusive, perpetual license to print, re-print, translate, publish, sell and otherwise exploit his/her entry in any media, or other product displaying the Sponsor’s trademark, and in any marketing and publicity in connection therewith; and to use his/her name, photograph, and likeness without any claim to further compensation, except where prohibited without compensation to the Winner.
(11) GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Conduct of Contest and selection of winners are in Sponsor's sole discretion, and Sponsor's decisions are final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper function of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winner from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the Contest process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in any unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and to void all associated submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce or delay in enforcing any term of these official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
(12) RELEASE: By participating, each entrant agrees to release and hold Sponsor and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from entrant's participation, acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Contestant represents and warrants that Contestant has the full right and authority to enter the Contest and to grant the rights granted herein and that Contestant’s agreement to the terms hereof does not conflict with any existing commitment on Contestant’s part. Sponsor is under no obligation to use submitted Entries for any purpose. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the contest or any portion thereof should any cause beyond Sponsor’s control disrupt, corrupt and/or compromise the administration, security or proper play of the contest.
(13) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, its agents and representatives, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible entries; (ii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (iii) any printing, programming or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest or technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the announcement of the winner; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Contest process; (v) any unauthorized third party use of any entry information; or (vi) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest.
(14) DISPUTES: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction other than the State of California. For a copy of these Official Rules, which are also posted on the website, please send your request via postal mail to:
Hips & Curves 171 PIER AVENUE SUITE 371 SANTA MONICA, CA 90405
(15) WINNER LIST REQUESTS: Any legally required list of winners may be obtained by sending an e-mail with the subject line: “H&C Share Your Story Winner List Request" to [email protected] All such requests must be received within six (6) weeks after the end date of the Contest.